Wednesday 29 March 2017

Cut canvas

Wednesday 29th March 2017
Cut canvas


 I got two mini canvases and sponged on the pattern continuing onto the second canvas from the first. I am happy with how the pattern flows between the separate canvases to bring them together. The tones are cool in this painting with the lighter parts looking like ice because on the technique used to apply the paint. These canvases were quite old and I think this was why the paint bled through so badly through the tape. I’m going to use wooden board more than canvas because I get a smooth line when I paint onto wood.
I want to create another piece where the pattern flows from one canvas (or piece of wood) to the next because this is successful and looks more effective than it all being on one panel. If different widths of tape were used it would be more successful because I think the same line looks dull compared.

If I were to do this piece again I would use wooden panels and different widths of tape. I would try a more subtle blue so it wasn’t as bold but faint in its appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment