Thursday 9 February 2017

Practice - The start of second term

9th February 2017
Initial ideas.

For this semester, we have to do group exhibition on our own. We have to find the place, do the fundraising and they work to put into it. In our group we decided to exhibit at Hartsholme Country Park in Lincoln. It’s a beautiful place full of nature and opportunities to work from.
We have to create site-spersific work and we have decided to call our exhibition ‘The Elements’, each member will be responding to a different element (earth, fire, wind and water).


I have chosen to look at earth as my element and my initial idea is to create sculptures in a geometric form either covered in images from the park or mirrors. My reason for this is that I want people to see a plinth but not what is on it so they are intrigued, come, look at the piece, and see the detail close-up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment