Monday 10 April 2017

Picasso at the Cooper gallery.

Monday 10th April 2017
Picasso at the Cooper gallery.

I visited the Cooper gallery to view the Picasso linocuts they had on display. They exhibited ‘Nude woman at the spring’ (April 1962), ‘Still life under the lamp’ (1962), ‘Jacqueline reading’ (1962).
I am interested in his technique of being able to use linocuts to create bold colour combinations, specifically in ‘Still life under the lamp’. The exhibition showed how his process enabled him to intertwine colours effectively. I have recently been looking at muted colours but after visiting this exhibition I am more interested in looking at complimentary bold colours.

It also showed a more personal side to his work through Jacqueline reading’ (1962) that I hadn’t seen before. The pieces allowed you to see an open side to the artwork that isn’t as visible in his other works.
























 

No comments:

Post a Comment