Monday 9 October 2017

First lino prints

To get a more accurate print I chose to try lino printing. This technique is easier than using wood carving like William Morris and a lot less time consuming. I used a () to draw from as I prefer to draw from either observation or my own images.


t has been years since I used lino printing and at first, I could not get the quantity of the ink right on the print. There was far too much and it made the print unable to display the image because the ink was getting into the carves. And then there was too little ink so you could not see the image or it moved while I was printing so the image was smudged.



Eventually I got the technique correct and got the image I wanted. I still wasn’t completely happy with the print so I got rid of the background so that the flower had a boarder round it so the image could be repeated without there being too much black. 

I like final prints but I still think they are not precise enough for what I was wanting to achieve by making my own wallpaper. I want to experiment more with printing to see if I can get the prints more precise. The overall look is still too messy and uneven. I also want to experiment with the shape of the print to see how this would look if it was a repeated pattern on a wall. This was only a small any would confuse the eye if it was on a whole wall so I want to experiment with scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment